Wednesday, January 16, 2008

High-Tech Granny: Momma Dot Does Facebook

I hate to disappoint all you suckers that think your grandmothers are pretty cool and hip with the times. I'm pretty sure my grandmother takes the cake. She has always been fairly "with it" I guess, always watching the cool tv shows, playing Nintendo with us when we were little (and wii bowling over new year's....she totally kicked ass!), getting a Myspace page last year, checking my blog, etc (yea, I'm totally sucking up right now hoping she's adding my name to more stuff at her house - i kid!!). Her newest online adventure is Facebook where she and I stay in touch via Scrabulous. My sis and I showed her how to add it to her page and the three of us have been playing ever since. As we speak, Momma Dot and I are in a head-to-head match-up that, until recently, was very close. I whizzed past her a couple days ago with the most inappropriate 27 point word you should ever use when playing Scrabulous with your grandmother but, hey, I'm not ashamed to say I'm competitive and have no problem kicking some granny butt. Believe me, she has killed me countless times in our years and years of fierce Monte Carlo and Russian Bank tourneys. She beat me twice over Christmas!

So, the word? L-A-B-I-A. 27 points.

As of today, the score is: Momma Dot 132, Cami 165.

2 comments:

April Tarr said...

I know, I was feeling pretty much the same thing about her Scrabulousness until I started getting threatening messages and emails telling me to take my turn because she wants to take her turn. I didn't even know she knew how to sent a message via Facebook.

peppersnaps said...

Hey, I left a comment on this via Plaxo, but I guess it doesn't trasfer to blogger. Dang.