Friday, February 02, 2007

And I'm Back


I apologize for the lack of posting over the past week or so. Two words: "running" and "television". Also, a real lack of inspirational, post-worthy subject matter...until today at least.

This will be short and completely uninteresting to some (most), but believe it or not, the last book in the Harry Potter series began taking pre-sales Thursday after the announcement that it will be released July 21. As of Friday, it is the No.1 seller on both Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com, all this a good 6 months before it will hit store shelves! It is absolutely astounding to me that J.K. Rowling has created a world so intriguing, mysterious and fanciful, yet also so realistic that you feel like you could easily be a part of her world; that millions of people from around the globe are so anxious to get their hands on the final morsel of Harry's life, they are purchasing the book now. I am not at all ashamed to say that I'm a total Harry Potter nerd and while I am looking forward to the last installment of boy-wizard genius, I am also a little sad that this book will be our last opportunity to experience Hogwarts, Quidditch, Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, the Department of Mysteries and the other whimsical elements of the wizarding world...all seemingly effortlessly created by Ms. Rowling. I am planning to read the last book the way that Charlie ate his first Wonka bar...bite by bite (page by page) to draw out the experience as long as I possibly can. A week before the book goes on sale, the Fifth Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, will also release...I might explode with magic-joy that week. Grab your butterbeer and Chocolate Frogs and let's celebrate! Wow, I think I've gone too far.

Also, in case you missed it, our own Mr.Potter is all growed up and desperately trying to shed his boy wizard image..or at least show us that he can do more than flick his wand and fly (masterfully!) on a broom. Here are some pics from a photoshoot to promote the play, Equus, in which Daniel Radcliffe will star and allegedly have a full frontal nude scene.


No comments: