Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Goats go to hell


Sunday was Zach's birthday and what better way to celebrate his 30th year than to eat all day long? We kicked off the festivities at Alon's with blueberry muffins, apple bran muffins and a delicious ginger scone and I'm pretty sure we somehow ripped the place off because we walked out with all the aforementioned food as well as three large cups of piping hot coffee for only $8. After what felt like 5 minutes it was off to lunch on Buford Highway where I had my first ever BBQ'd goat sandwich. It was pretty tasty but after trying Charles' spicylicious chorizo sandwich mine was a little less yummy and then when I chomped down on a bone I had had enough. Luckily, not finishing my entire sandwich left just enough space in my belly for a small cup of Coldstone cheesecake, oreo and graham cracker ice cream. After a much-needed food pause to watch the awe-inspiring cinematic genius of Point Break, we headed to The Globe for dinner. I hesitantly ordered Tandoori Duck with yogurt sauce and dried fruit salad and was blown away by the deliciousness of the meal...one of the best I have had in a very long time. Three desserts and a cup of coffee later, we rolled ourselves home and finished the day with yet another movie masterpiece: Teen Wolf. Sometime during the night the goat and the duck started either breakdancing or kickboxing in my stomach. I woke up wondering if a goat and a duck were to get in a fight, who would lose? Then about 5 seconds later after just a whiff of coffee...it didn't even pass my lips...i was headed to the bathroom where i learned that when a goat and a duck get in a fight in your stomach, you're the loser.


The reason this post is a day late is because...drumroll please...I was busy painting my kitchen!!! Woo hoo! It's almost done and looks beautiful! For all my "friends" that were in the kitchen painting pool, if you chose January 15th and Copper (or maybe Cinnamon?), you won! Even though the color is fairly dark, I think the room actually looks a bit bigger as the tile on the floor stands out more and makes it look wider. The color also compliments the angel picture in our dining room quite nicely. Overall, I'm very pleased. The wait was totally worth the countless samples, trips to the paint store and taunting I've received for my indecisiveness. Thank you Mandy for the pillow inspiration, walking me through the rainbow and accompanying me to the paint store. I love it!

4 comments:

peppersnaps said...

OMG, I can't wait to see the kicthen! Sounds awesome, and I'm so glad you're happy with it. :)

But now what new improvements will we have to look forward to in the Simmons house? A re-sheetrocking of the living room wall, perhaps? ;)

Cami said...

1. painting the "laundry room"
2. painting the office
3. painting the hallway area outside the bathroom
4. shutters
5. attic
6. new door
7. knocking the wall down b/w living room and dining room
8. getting rid of the ugly trading spaces wall
9. hot tub in backyard?
10. pool in backyard?
11. re-arranging the master bathroom
12. privacy fence
13. re-pave the driveway
14. landscape the backyard
15. new chimney
16. (this should actually be #1) pantry door

...and the list goes on and on!!! :o)

beans said...

is this a hint?

peppersnaps said...

Well, that's a relief. But I think you mis-numbered. "hot tub in backyard" should, in fact, be #1.

Dude. Seriously. :)

I will do the painting in the current 1-3 just to get them off the list.