Monday, December 11, 2006

Calling all Chefs - Gold Medals & Pez at Stake!!!


You may be shocked to know this about me, but I happen to be the reigning champion of the annual 16th Floor Pot Luck Luncheon at the office. Believe it or not, my dish from last year beat out about 30 others, including desserts, and won "Best Tasting" -- the most prestigious of the three awards handed out by none other than my boss' boss' boss' boss, the other two being "most festive presentation" and "most creative/unique". What was the dish? Elin's award-winning (I added this part after my big win last year) Heart Attack Cheese Dip. It happens to be one of the easiest recipes I've ever had to follow and has all of like 5 ingredients but it tastes SO good you can't stop eating it. Those that have had it know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's that dash of crack you add at the end?

Anyhow, being that last year was my first time ever entering the contest and I won the whole thing, my co-workers will have high expectations for my dish this year. I am supposed to bring an appetizer again and am looking to all of my 3-5 readers to please let me know what recipes you have that could help me bring home the gold again. Nothing too fancy or difficult, just something that tastes damn good. Last year my big winnings were a plastic gold medal hanging on a red, white and blue ribbon (it still hangs in my office) and a Santa pez dispenser. We're talking big time prizes here...Coke folks don't mess around.

Thanks in advance for your help with this and I'll be sure to post the results of my dish Thursday evening.

1 comment:

peppersnaps said...

Mmm, heart attack dip... so good! :) Will you put the recipe in your post? I need to have that one on file!

Well, I'm not really the one that should be helping with recipes... but one of my stand-by apps is super simple and usually quite a hit (although I don't know if it can compete with H.A.D.):

Combine 1 jar salsa with 8 oz. soft cream cheese (about 1:1 ratio). Mix well. Spread on plate and leave rim empty... cover with finely chopped tomatoes and green, yellow and orange peppers. Serve with tostitos (or other similar chips) around edge of plate. :) Super easy, so it may not be cool enough, but its really good!