Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Third times a charm?


Blog attempt number three and the first time I will let my friends know a "cami" blog exists. Ha! And you thought you knew me...

What better time to re-launch my blogging endeavors than at work the day before Thanksgiving? So, here goes. In honor of this most gluttonous of holidays and the joy my mouth will experience with the first bite of fried turkey, here are the things I am most thankful for, in list form, of course (but not necessarily in ranking order...except for the first one).

* my husband, family and friends
* a working fireplace
* my health
* the chance to have another Thanksgiving with my grandfather
* people who truly love to organize and lead so I can join a book club and all I have to do is read!
* my dog
* saturday mornings at "Erin Go Breakfast" - don't think you can get away with only doing that once...
* the big dumpster next to our house
* my real simple weekly newsletter (even though I may never put into practice the helpful hints, it's nice to know someone is trying to help me)
* being able to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family
* good friends that are ready and willing to watch my dog when we're out of town
* pumpkin pie
* that the day after Thanksgiving is a corporate holiday
* having my best friend live half a mile away
* all the people who will donate money to the leukemia & lymphoma society enabling me to run in the ING marathon and help save lives all at the same time (more to come on that later but get ready, friends!!!)

Happy, happy, happy, happy Thanksgiving! Charles and I will be celebrating "Turkey Break 2006 Woo Hoo!!!" in Panama City Beach, Florida. If all works out to plan, there will be airbrushed t-shirts and a picture of my grandmother funneling a beer to commemorate this momentous event. Wish me luck!

**author's note - while proof-reading this post, I noticed I am extremely inconsistent with my use of capitalization. please note that this inconsistency will continue throughout all other posts from here on out.

6 comments:

beans said...

first comment! at least you capitalize some letters, i just write in all lowercase. at last, i can now nag you in return to update your own damn blog.

PushStart Kitchen said...

PIE!

pleasepleaseplease get me an airbrushed t-shirt!!!

PushStart Kitchen said...

...oh yeah, Charles, you have a job as a PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER! How about showing a little professionalism and giving us something new. I have resorted to hounding you on other peoples' blogs. (sorry Cami)

Stan said...

Hey Cami- Happy Turkey Day!

peppersnaps said...

Yay! So glad you have a blog... welcome to the ranks of procrastinators! :) hope your thanksgiving was super-fantastic.

What's this about a book club? :)

PushStart Kitchen said...

That phot would make any mother proud!